Thursday, June 30, 2011

Winter '1979 'continued....

While, I was in the hospital learning how to  eat thru a straw... Tony was out and about.. I heard he bought an old gf roses, on Feb 3rd, and celebrated his 18th Bd, with a big party..  I was not home yet, it would be a week or 3 before I got to go home!! I was just wondering what He was up to, so I had made a few calls, and I was told.. I just wanted to be out of this mess.. It was cramping my lifestyle.. to say the least.. So, I finally did get to home, and in a matter of days, I was in touch with Tony.   We talked on the phone for hours, and I am sure he was trying to tell me we just could 'nt see each other.  I just know me , back then, and was very persuasive in getting him to come and pick me up.. at MY HOUSE!!! Where my Dad was... shew.. what nerve on my part, what b---s on his!!! So, I got all ready, I remember , I had lost some more weight, and all.. but my jaw top, and bottom where sewn 2gether... and my eye whites were blood red, from impact on the dash, and thru the windshield.. Thanks to the Jack Daniels, and stuff... we were  very 'bouancy', which saved our lives, again to say the least.. and had we seen what was coming, we would have tensed up!!  Most likely have died...So there we were meeting  again..He showed up in this BIG Silver Lincoln Continental .. I  do not even remember asking whose it was... So, we are out driving around Western Loudon Co.  He saw how beat up I still looked, and my jaw. we were both in shock.. over it. (Or so I thought) No, I could tell we missed each...!!!  So, we are heading out to the country.  When Tony says  Cop behind us... and at that moment Blue lights, go on,,,,,So what do we do?? We pull over right?   WRONG.....Tony floors it.. just floors it, and gets on route 7.. and even faster we fly, with a cop or two on our butts...!! Deeper and deeper we go  , losing the  cops for just a little while,
 we manage to take a left, on to this country road, and another turn, when we hit a dirt road, the bluelights were right behind us... and in the front headlights  I see the dust rising and chickens crossing the Dead end  cirlce up a short way... The ride was over....We slid in ,and came to a full, hard stop.  We, ended up getting hand cuffed, and hauled to the Judges House!! Only in the country... This  Old man wearing an old-fashion white house dress, and the scrooge cap ,and slippers. He tells us to sit down, at this really long table, with about 9 chairs on each side... so there we were tickling each other and laughing... When the Judge, said 'young lady, young lady get up sit on the other side.. pointing at me and the other chair. Well, then he starts listening to our story,   He ended up calling Joe's father..., and his grandmother, to say they have her car.. She reported it stolen.  Well, we wait for Tony's Dad to come and get us at like  at 3 am . Man, what a long night .. I remember it was along ride home too.  We did not say a word, ,except that we missed my turn-off.. So ,his father pulled over and let me out.. Freezing ,icy, n cold.  Feb-Mar. morning.I am on the side of a major  highway um about 9-10 miles from where I lived. So, I stuck my thumb out as I kept walking facing the wind and morning sun.. This guy on his way to work, picks me up in a big old blue Ford Galaxy. Well, he happens to be going the way I am going, and we become friends, because I told him of my 'woe' and he said I could use his car..just drop him off at work , which was around the corner from where I lived.  This  was cool.. he  even let me drop him off at work, so I could go home and get some rest. I picked him up, and fro the rest of the winter,I had this car. He and I were just friends.. He even threw my 18th bd party for me... Yes, my jaw was still sewn up  and all.. I remember giving my phone number out with  3 three s in it..4tree5 4treetree9. Oh how attractive,right?   So, the winter came and went.  I talked to tony one more time, and he stood me up..11 at night my dad catches me pouring gas into my new little Austin Marina,4dr . As he was coming home. He asked me what I was doing, I told him something.. and left to met tony, he never showed, and evaded my calls for 15-20 years.. lol I finally did meet up with him,at the Harley Davidson Motorcycle races.. that another time ,GNA

No comments:

Post a Comment