Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh what a night!!!!

I remember  this concert me and Fay and Elisa went to.. it was in Commack, at an Arena, about 20 miles away.  We told each of our parents we were sleeping over each others house. Our real plan was to pack up clothes and stuff, in a nap-sac , and put it in my back yard behind the above ground pool, and when we got home we would retrieve it and and go to Mills Path and camp out.. It was a very cold day in November.. but even at 14 years of age I covered everything we would need, and put it in my nap sack.. So, we hitch hiked to this concert and we were drinking and partying  the whole way there. When we got there we found our seats.. and then I went to the ladies room.. and while I was in there I found this cigarette pack with 4 joints , and brought it back to my seat, I told Fay, and Elisa , and we lit up the one joint, and  the lights went out, and the concert began!!! We  sat through this Robin Trower concert with one Eye opened,.. I still see there faces...lol We , were messed up !! It turned out to be Angel Dust, and that concert went on, an on.. I have know idea why we choose this concert.. I was a Yes fan, and Zeppelin Fan.. this was some hard Rock.. just blairing at us.. Well, it was finally time to go.. and at midnight, we walked out .. into a full blown-out snowstorm!!!We had to bundle up.. I had a Snorkel.. that zipped all the way up to my face.. but I still remember them being cold!! They had dressed to go out, they were not equipped for the night we were about to endure.  That snow and wind was horrible.. We kept walking, and then this cop pulled up aside of us, and asked where we were going and what were we doing out this late.. in the Storm.. I told him. Then I told him we were heading for Ronkonkoma.. and he said ladies,  its the other direction.... I was like  Wow.. really? So, then I asked him if he could give us a ride at least back to the Arena, and he said , No.. insurance purposes, and drove off!! So, we turn around and headed for my house, hitchhiking.. well, I do not recall getting many rides.. but by the time we were back in our territory, we decided to just go to Mills, and sit up until morning.. Well, that's all we could do with 4-6inches of snow on the ground.. We sat huddled up, on a piece of plastic I found.. the party was over!!! After a few hours with out fire, and tired from the nights ordeal, we slept ..sorta!! Well, at day break, we stood up.. all stiffened ,and freezing!! and started to walk to my house.. My mom was up and , we just went straight up to my room.. and fell out on my Big warm bed.. Then Elisa's  mom came for her.. and Fay , she only had to go 2 doors down, so when she Thawed out, she left.. and I took a very hot shower, and retrieved the back pack from my snow covered back yard, and then I got comfy, and , with no questions asked.. went about life as usual.. I just keep thinking how we could have frozen to death.. at 3-4 o'clock in the morning, and sitting still.. it was probably not worth dying over..but at 14,  I--, We got away with it.. I guess there was a hidden motive.. Because like I said, we were not Trower fans.. and what I found in that cigarette box messed us up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment