Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Marshall Tucker Concert....

Well, it was going to be my 15th birthday present , to myself.. I bought tickets for the Marshall Tucker band. The Original Band. My 2 friends and me were hitch hiking to the same Arena some 20 miles away, and it was March, still a little frosty up North, at the time.. Well, we planned our trip..  and headed out early. We had gotten their so early we were right up against the stage.. Well, when the band came out and the lights started flickering..Woo-hoo!! It was great!!!  When they played "Can't you see?" the best song ever, , and then Fire on the Mountain..  We were right there, and I don't remember how it came about.. but I put my friend on my shoulders, as we sang and danced.. and the lead singer put his  Cowboy hat on her head.. and at least 15 -20 minutes we were dancing and cheering.. wearing his hat.. I know we gave it back.. and just were in awe.. See the stage was only 4  feet high, so that is why we were so close and at a level to place a hat on her head !!! Well, I do believe we left  and made it home w/o incident.. as opposed to my last concert there.. The sad thing is after that concert all 3 of the Marshall Tucker Band brothers had passed away in some form or another.. I  am sure at the time it made news, , but some how later, way later I found out right after that concert  one by one.. How sad for there mom.. I remember thinking , when I read the Bio.. I just have a good memory of the best 15 th  birthday.. ever..

No comments:

Post a Comment