Monday, January 30, 2012

"Burning Down the House"

I know to this day, the day that song came out.. August 24th ,1984. I had been back form Los Angeles about a year or so, and I was living with my boyfriend. Yes the one who flew out to L.A, and still the one who had tried to kill himself..  well, we had one more round to go before it would 'totally' be over.. I remember just catching him with other girls..ugh, that brings back bad memories... I even left to stay at my moms apt. and I would try 'the visit him every so often' plan.. Well, that's  when I would find someone creeping out the side door!!, I actually whipped some14 year old ass..I mean I beat the crud out of her, all the way across the front lawn, and to the main road!!! I ended up getting arrested.. and so did my boyfriend, and his friend!! Well, I remember the Police coming for me the one afternoon, and taking me way down the road.. but that night a buddy of mine picked me up on his Harley.. that's the way to get home, I remember thinking.. Well, then the next 4-5 days we found out the lil sleaze had a warrant out on those 2 guys.. So, we had to hide them in our attic, until we had a plan.. (an Attorney).. Sure enough one night, there were helicopters, and dogs, and every tree in the yard had a Cop, and a shotgun behind it.. Those cops came and busted in,with those dogs, and went straight upstairs to the attic entrance,, and they pointed there guns at the ceiling telling them to come down slowly.. and with some delay.. the ceiling door slid over, and out come these 2 big guys.. sweating.. and then the dogs were called off, and they were hand cuffed, and taken to Jail.. I had bonded out, but they could not be bonded for there offenses were 'Serious', Well, we had a speedy trial, and the 'girl' dressed like a little girl.. had all this pink crap on,and bows in her hair..  She was asked to get on the stand.. and the judge's face went from a listening 'passively' to one of shock and horror, when she opened her mouth.. Every other word was "f' this and she is a 'F'n blah blah blah, talking about me.. He just saw her real side.. and asked her how she got in my house?, and she replied she broke the window , on the side..( Well.. I be.. a monkeys uncle!!) I do believe the next words aside of : Case Dismissed!!! Were if she was ever found on my property again, I would have all rights to call 911, and have her removed.. If I wanted..!!!  Okay well, that was me , I was taken care of.. Next was my boyfriend, and his friend.. they were found guilty, but of lesser offenses, because she lied about her age to them.. and (duh) the said they believed she was 27.. (yeah) So, I stood by him the next 6 months, and he had gotten out on "work-release), So, I would go up to the barn and see him..after work.. Then, he finally got out.. We were still having a time getting along.. and I believed, by now, he had met this girl, who was a cashier at the local convient store. I went in there once and saw her just 'gleaming' when she seen  him!!! I knew something was up!! Sure enough, the next few days, I did'nt see him.. It was the end of July, and 4 days went by, and he never called or came home.. Well.. I paid the rent, and read up on the 'desertion of a lease'. I found I had rights to this contract now.. So, when he didn't show up... I could legally have him pack his stuff and go.. which he did!!!. So, a month or so later,, we were apart, and I had been cleaning up the property, and I had the Kerosene lamps professionally maintained, and refueled for winter.. and I had just gotten them back, and put them in the spare room. I rememeber cleaning the whole house..just the way I liked it.. and some freinds, called me and asked me to come out and Party.. I had not been going out.. I, just had buddys over , we would party on my front lawn.. Well, my boyfriend and I had a few ugly conversations.. He wanted his wood stove, and tools, blah blah.. I was like 'come and get it'.. He never did.. but that night, the 24 th of August, I decided to go out with these people.. We went across town. As we were at their house'partying', the stereo wires started to burn and smoke??.. I was like cut it off, and I began to diagonis the problem.. and fixed it.. That was like at 1 am.. remember that.. because at that momment , my House was in flames!! I found that out the next day.. Well, anyway, we partyed till around 5 am.., when I decided lets get me back home.. and one of the guys gave me a ride to my house.. I was walking up to the front door when I noticed these gatorade bottle , and boxes all over. I said man, he had a party while I was gone.. and as I walked through the opened front door.. I looked up, and saw the whole top of the roof, and up the steps was BURNT-UP!!!! and a huge hole was blown in the ceiling...my 2 kerosene lamps Blew-up!!! I have a photo of the 5 hour alarm fire, and 7 counties ("fire squads',and trucks.).On my front law.  I had my friend drive me up to the phone booth..(lol,  I used them alot  in the day) I called the police, and they knew who I was, and in fact said, We have been looking for you!!.A person who knew I resided there,  had come up the road, and asked about me, and when they said, there was knowbody..(litterally) in there.. she was relieved.. So, when I called they had plenty to tell me.. So, I was to go back to the house, and wait.. I made a few calls, to my boss, and  my sister, and she came immediately, and we were standing in the kitchen, which hardly burned , but, it was caked with ash, and water.. Well, I had the radio on, and thats when I hard the song...'Burning down the house"!!!.. My sister  and I looked at each other, and laughed.. I opened a bottle of champagne I had in the fridge, and I remember saying 'cheers', 'one door closes and another one opens.. And it sure did.. Later..that afternoon the Red Cross met up with me, and gave me coupons to go get clothes and and a place to stay.. I was saddened, I did'nt want to leave,, that was my home.. I had a bid garden with all kinds of Veggies.. It hit later that week, and when the Fire Marshall told me that he watched very carefully that night who was driving by the house.. Arsonists always return somewhere.. to watch there fire burn.. I was like really.. Yep.. and he saw My boyfriend , and his new girlfreind drive by.. He said he knew them from the other side of town,, and a rumor went through a party he was at the night before they had ..her ex-husband set my house on fire..!! well, more on hat later..

No comments:

Post a Comment