Saturday, February 19, 2011

Florida bound!!!

So, we drove all night, and I even drove..so Steve could sleep.. I sat up on pillows, I would do the clutch, he did the stick shift, and get us going,  until , one of us had to go... Then , I would just pull-over and let the car put out.. and that's how it went . Until daybreak.. when we hit Florida. Now since I had been to Disney with my Family 2 -3 years earlier, I felt I knew the way to familiar territory. Somehow I got us there, and then , I knew the first thing to do was get jobs. So I went into the Unemployment Office, and I asked for a Printout of the job openings. I found one taking care of old people. So went to Orlando, and interviewed with this woman who was sitting on a porch swing with all these old people,in wheel chairs, and canes. So, with some fast talking, I told her she could have me and Lisa for the one salary,625.00 a month and we would share our room . She said Yes!! So, we emptied the car,and put our stuff away... and Steve did not know what to do.. So, I guess I blew him off pretty bad, now that me and L where settled.. He turned around and headed back up North, I found out later. Well, here we were with 15 old folks that families abandoned!!! For the Money.. They were left to starve to death, Well, we worked hard to take care of them, early in the morning and we began a schedule, and eventually we would get out to party,and that we did.. very hard.. all night and sneak in the bedroom window. One  early morning, I was just putting my foot in the window, and getting ready to turn around in side , and I saw her...She was pissed!!! She said I can't have you girls going out and coming in like this ,with my people in the house.. I will pay you for this month but you will have to go....So, with that we packed up our things. Only , I forgot my autographed 8x10 photo of Led Zeppelin,!!! Under the mattress... only 5 people saw this I sat on there Tambourine box, at a concert.. and I saw the address, and wrote them and they mailed me this beautiful Photo.. I can't believe I left it behind. And Lisa left her Pocket watch.. so we really had a lot on our minds. Well, we were homeless, and all I could think of was to go to Disney .. and we hitched there, and set up camp on top of the Contemporary Hotel..That's were the Monorail goes through..we set up shop, and during our days we would shoot pool, downstairs. That is where we met John and Jay, and we ended up packing up our stuff, and going to there home. They had to persuade me, I remember them coming over to us and asking if we had a place to live? I was like ..no answer, and they said they had seen us there, a lot and if we wanted we could stay with them. So we did, we were on our way to Kissimee, Fla . A Mobil Home park.. There are lots of these Trailer Parks down there especially in the 70's.

No comments:

Post a Comment