Friday, July 22, 2011

For all the Redskins and Steelers' Fans....

So, going thru New Mexico, made us delirious, we had driven all night, and began to feel rain drops ,dropping on us.. it was weird. The climate was hot, and dry... So, we decided I would drive, Larry pulled over, and I got into the drivers seat, for about 15 minutes he closed his eyes, and I decided to pull under a bridge, and rest my eyes too.. Well, he woke up and asked me what I was doing, and I said resting.. he was like no-way!!! So, with that he got back in the drivers seat and down the road  we went.. He was real leery of the tip of Texas, because we had Harley stickers on my truck, and he wore a Civil War hat with a Rebel patch on it... so, we zoomed through .We hit a detour in Kanas City at the Arch, and stopped for a drink, and a State trooper said to go up this certain route, and we would end up in Va.. We actually ended up in Pennsylvania..the Appalacian Mtns... freezing Ice cold, and my thermostat went out, so we had no heat.. Well.. we said we should grab a motel room, and get some sleep, food, and a shower.. we had seen signs for like 15.00 dollars a night. but never found them, so in Breezewood, we pulled into the Hardees, and fell asleep in the truck, with my quilts,, but we still felt the cold.. Well we awoke, and bought some coffee, and headed back out.. just as we turned the corner there was a motel, and we, said lets get it.. we paid more for it.... and so we refreshed, and headed back up , down... the mountain roads... When we did get home.. we settled me in, and I was waitressing for the Holiday Inn, at Dulles Airport, 6am till 2pm.. and that's where in the 80;s the Redskins, and Steelers would come in for a large , and I mean large breakfast!!! Keep the milk, and OJ..sausage and bacon coming!! The Steelers were HUGE!!! I mean unbelievably Big Guys..So, I was waitressing till 2 there going to beauty School, and then waitressing from 9 till 1-2 am at the Fairfax Country Club, I had gotten some of my hours when I was kicked out.. This girl asked me to "get' her a perm.. so I did and she ratted me out... it cost me a year and a half time out of school, I had to pay them off, before I could get in another one..down the road.. I was still cutting hair at home too.. I went to the Arlington Beauty Academy..  that toke 10 more months.. I finally waved 500 bucks, in the presidents face.. saying 'Baby needs new shoes??' , and sure enough it got me outta there.. later she was convicted of robbing the bank bag.... So, it was  not just me.. but I was ready to Work!!!I work with a guy, who said to erase ever thing I was taught n follow him, I did and it was like finding the Bible..the truths of life, in the haircutting industry... Oh man, so Larry and I were having troubles.. I saw him flirt with some old lady down at the High; convenient store, and sure enough they were hooking up.. he did not come home for 4 days , and so, I called it desertion , and got him out.. I cleaned the house up on afternoon, because I had plans to got out that night.. with some mutual friend's of ours...hummm, and around midnight, I was fixing the stereo wires,at the place I was at, because they were sparking  so I fixed em with some black tape, , meanwhile my house is burning down!!!!! I partied till around 5 am when I got my ride home, what a mess!!! Empty boxes of gatorade allover the front lawn...and the front door was open, I walked in and looked up, and I thought Larry and Sherri had a party here,,oh no I said my house burned down!!!! Well, the upstairs..(that was later determined it was to scare the tar out of me, and get rid of me.. this town wasn't big enough for the 2 of us.. signed Sherri) Well, I called my boss and told him what happened.. he was willing to help me, but my pride did not let me take anything, plus the community, came to help too!! I moved in with my Lil sister. Reston Va. That was august 24th 1984.. That week the song Burning down the house..came out..!!! So, with that I had all my new clothes and boots, and I was alone..  and so I lived at my sis's house.. and I quit working for my boss, he was  ripping me off.  Well Christmas was coming .I had found another job, at Mane Street Hair , and I would go to the bar next door, which by the way is where John Riggins, Russ Grimm, Joe Jacobi, of the redskins would hang-out.. Well, I was not that into Football to know who they were, and they were like Darling you know who we are? I was like ,no,, well,  they told me, and asked what I did, and I told him and they said they weren't that interested in what I did either, but thought I was good-looking.. So we danced,till 2 am, and drank.. and drank.. Well, that were I also met Coach Charlie Taylor.. and for sometime we would drink their and then go to the next restaurant, and drink Matias's(?) Well, he made a deal with me one time, if I bought him a  My-tie. He would get me an autographed Wilson football.. Well, next time we met He had me a signed and autographed football to  PattyD.  !!! I was so happy!!, I later hocked it for 2 grand... I  bet its worth a lot more today!!! I looked for the guy I sold it to, and said I want it back.. and he said "it was stolen", very made up like... So, I wrote it off.. I later met Coach Allen.. who was going to charge me $40.00bucks, I was like no-way.. Duh, I should have done it..lol.. it too would be worth money.. these signatures were real ink..not stamps.. So, that was my remembrance of hanging with some of the original "HOGS"... Later...Because a whole new chapter in my life opens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment