Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Always wanting more!!!

So, let me start with the fact that my bedroom was my favorite place to hang out.. It is where I would go and , be surrounded by my cool  "things'.  I had acquired a ton of items from the Mall..  !!..I had a huge box of Jeans, I had just walked out of a store with time after time.. Vests, and denim shirts, and Levi jeans.. , So, when I began to lose weight, I began giving them all to my Uncle.  We were getting ready to move to Virgina, and I did not want to fit into a waist 34...ever again. Well, when we arrived here in Va. I found it hard to adjust.. at 1st. My older sister and I found each other roaming the halls at the High School, after the bell rang.. for Homeroom, on the 1st day, and said lets get the H**l outta here.. So, we looked for the tall bldg, near our Town homes, and started to hike towards it.. just complaining..how  dumb this place was.. for it country bumpkin ways.. lol.. I do believe we were looking for a good excuse to cut classes.. It was'nt long after that , I met my friend, in the Study hall.. She introduced me to her friends, and we all got "high" so we all had something in common. Then she introduced me to this one girl, we were talking, and she let us know her father was 'doing things' to her.. Well,  basically she wanted to get him back, by having someone 'Steal all his worldly possessions..' Well, me and my girlfriend agreed.. !! We would break into there beautiful home, on the out- skirts of town, and steal his cameras, and 'teli -photo' lenses and whatever else we could grab!! Well, we set this whole ordeal up, and wrote out 2 copies of an agreement, with a map and directions:: on where to get the spare key.. and we had her sign..these 'contracts'. We even had this other friend..set up an appointment with some people downtown , Arlington, Va.  and have these item sold, on  the night we actually had the stuff. Okay that was near the beginning of 10th grade.. Well, we hung out that September, Oct. November, Dec. Jan Feb.March. April,  Let see , May was the Led Zeppelin Concert.. And then in June on the last day of school.. We , met and that morning at school, and said lets go for it.. today!! We made a call and had this stuff sold.. I heard, in the amount of  some  $14,000.00 dollars.. yahoo!!.. So, we 'siked' ourselves out .. and called our ride.. and we  went home and dressed in dark clothes, I put a pair of moccasins on.. to run really fast. If I had to.. Well , we had our ride drop us off at the back end of the property, we had to go through a good patch of trees, and  bushes.. and then there was some 'barb wire' fence.. and as I got my one  foot over the fence, We both saw a Bull.. a very eager, and angry looking bull.. I just got my one foot back over , when I said Run.!!. Just Run... and so, we ran ' like the wind' too!!!, those moccasins were great for running, and through the briar's, and thorns I did n't  feel a thing.. Well, we made our way up to the front door..  there was no key So we went around to the back door.. there was a coat hanger holding the door closed.. so we busted it off.. and proceeded to go inside..We put all the projectors, and cameras, and tri-pods by the door, and went up these spiral steps to the bed room, . We found Jewelry boxes, and we just dumped them on the  huge 'round bed' , and used the' bed spread' as a carrier.. Then, My friend, said lets  get the '6 ft.tall 'Pevi'  Amps, and we carried 2!!!! of them down those spiral stairs.. and out the back door to a creek. We put the bed spread of items there too.. I saw a 55 millimeter lens and a 35 millimeter camera, and threw that over my shoulder..and covered it on my shoulder with my faithful Indian fringe jacket I had worn.. Well, when we finally finished the list of items, we were waiting on our ride, and ,finally he came and we piled Acoustic guitars, and most of the big equipment in the station wagon, and for some reason we , ended up walking out to the front of yard,on the main road!!  While , he, drove on.. to a secluded place we had, to stash the stuff till that evening.. Well, we were seen, by a neighbor , a brunette and a blond..,..we were seen,  Because, that night while eating dinner the phone rang.. It was my Friend .. saying the Police were there and wanted to talk to my parents!! I hung up.. Well, she called and again , and said Pat, just tell them what and how this came about, and show them the signed letter..they are on there way over !! I was like Holy Cr**p!!!  .My Father was so pissed!!.. He all of a sudden knew.. where my stash was, and grabbed those carved boxes, and told me to empty them down the toilet, and then told me to get rid of my 6 ft Pot plants.!!. He did' 'say  to burn them'.. but I couldn't do that..and I said so..  So I dug a whole about 2ft long and wide in the woods by our Town house, and I bent them all up to fit in there, and even remember saying ' I would be back for you  later'.. So, about 45 minutes later, the FFX County, Police showed up....Well, I explained the deal, and showed the letter..to them, and my Dad.. And with that, they said our 'stories did match , and that was saving us.. Apparently the girl told her older sister what she had planned, and so since we had not done the robbery.. all year long ,she figured we weren't going to do it.. So, they knew all about it..and told us ,she was a sick girl..and the father , I was told had her committed.. I only think, he won again.. because she ended up going away for some 20 years.. to a 'loney House'.. Well, as for all the stuff.. I don't remember having to recover it all. There were items on the creek bed in there back yard, there were items on a hill at the Lake.. where we all hung out at.. Never the less.. We got away with it.. I was not allowed to see my friend again for the rest of the summer..and that is where I just stayed home and Exercised, and ate right, and, I lost another 25 lbs, so by the end of summer, My friend called me and said come on out , lets just meet and go an Party, and so we did meet on the golf course, and she said, she did not even recognize me!! I had gotten so thin.. I was like, I finally did it.. got rid of that weight.. and I went out and "Partied"..1977-78!!

No comments:

Post a Comment