Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My brother ...

I have a brother..who NEVER liked me very much.. In fact, he hated me so much ,I could not even set his plate, fork, or silverware at the dinner table. I was not allowed to touch his 'stuff' . He called me names that would just wound me.. I would cry, and my parents if they heard this railing going on ..would intercept.. and tell me not mind him.. or don't give in , that what he wants!! Oh my god.. It hurt so bad.. I remember 2 times in my life, he had to make a decision to save my life.. I went to Gibbs pond to go Ice skating.. and it was cold, and everyone was there.. skating and laughing.. I remember him waving me over to him.. and being curious and (stupid) I  skated over there. and in a flash I FELL through the Ice... All I remember seeing is the murky ,yellow, and greenish water around me As I was going down.. it was so cold on my hands and face.. and I was in shock.. and kicking to get back up.. I stopped kicking, and I see that murky water, and roots with fuzzy goo on them,, I am raising my hands reaching for the area I fell through at, and that when my brother grabbed my hand and began to pull me up!! I believe several people grabbed me.. and as soon as I was up and out i headed for the nearest secure ground, and took those skates off and ran home crying.. I was so cold, and and upset.. I never skated on ice, ever again.. needless to say!!..It was  another time ,out on the Long Island Sound.. My parents would leave us , after meeting my Uncle and his wife where the Connecticut Sound meets the Long Island Sound, and for hours we would be out there swimming, and  jumping of the bow of the boat.. In the middle of the Ocean!! Well, I had hurt my middle toe some weeks before, and It was starting to come off.. Well, wouldn't you know I was swimming , and the tide was rushing out.. and I was being pulled out with it.. I was a good swimmer for like a third grader.. and so I was kicking and paddling anyway I could to get back to our boat, when I had to holler.. Help me.. my toe nail is falling off, and   it hurt so bad ,I could not move my foot.. And I needed that leg to help get me back in.. to the boat.. There was no land.. We were out in the Sound.. (awesome on any other given day).. Well, I can honestly remember my brother acting like he's thinking about saving me.. Do you believe this , I was scared by this time, and pretty far away form the boat, no life vest, no rope.. I am floating seriously out to sea.!!! I remember crying ..his name, saying you gotta help me.. , and I think he thought , I better have my little sister her when my parents return, .. so he jumped in and swam out to where I was, and grabbed me by my neck, and head locks me, and swims us back to the boat, and as so as we got up the ladders, he riped that nail off my toe... and was so mad at me.. It was not good.. But I had to calm down.. It was a very 'shaky' thing, to think I could have been ..Floating out to sea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment