Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mills Path...


Well, we moved to Ronkonkoma... about 45 minutes to New York City. From Levittown,which was a great neighborhood too!! This was an Old Indian Reservation. Our house was a pretty big 4 bedroom 3 bath huge Lv,n Dn room.. and a Den, my Mom was so into lime green, our Shudders were lime green, our carpet through out the house, was too.. It was Hip..We had a subscription to Columbia House, so we had this great Album collection.. Janis, Lee Michael's, Led zeppelin, you name it.. I was into David Cassidy, even got to see him in Concert !!My Aunt , the one whom would take me to Queens often , just her and I would go out looking for the Son of Sam.. how crazy, he shot someone she new. Anyway, we had a beautiful home, and lots of places to roam around, the Gibbs Pond, The Corner, we all meet at and then get our beer, and smokes, at the Deli, and go to the most inner parts of this Patch of woods called Mills Path, where we dug this huge hole, and put stumps around and we would light this Big fire, and Party!!!, One guy would get his Van down there, and put these big speakers on  top of it, playing Rock-n roll!!! Pink Floyd, Yes !! We would stay out till after midnight, then the couples would go, or be in The House, -the Lee-He house... upstairs was lovers lane, downstairs was the party level, it was haunted too. So, after a I started hanging with my older sister, I was welcomed into the cooler crowd. Plus, I had stuff they wanted...lol,, lots of it too.. I always had money, from the babysitting, and cleaning I did, plus, I had connections, to  Older friends who entrusted me.....  So, with that, I remember, being the last  person w/ my sister, we had no curfew.. so we would linger , and then walk home , at all hours..  our parents would either be sleeping, or reading, and ask us if we had fun?, we would murmur, yes, and they would say Goodnight.. .and that was our nights out... every night for years...I had the best up-bringing,aside my one brother, things were ok, so long I stayed...well, so long..as..lol and I did.. let your imagination run away.. okay, so, I was hanging out with a girl, and we would ride around,for hours, and I told you about that period in my life, then I hung out with this guy, and were notorious for stealing things... lots of things.. at the mall, oh yeah, and the Mini -bikes, through the paths at all hours of the day.. It seems so col to remember how long the days were... My one girlfriend, had a boyfriend, and they would come and pick me up. He had this cool yellow mustang , and we would ride around alright, and the last I heard of the Mustang, was they were going pretty fast down the dirt road,in Mills path and the drive-shaft fell out digging a hole in the ground so deep, and flinging the car up in the air, and down!! My girlfriend and I  had been hitchhiking all over Long Island, we would hook up with some of her older pretty friends, and hitch 20 30 miles to the beaches.. barefoot all the way!! Montawk Point... they were 'suit' worthy, I wore shorts.. So we,would do that ,get home all tan, and go to the corner,meet everyone, I would my dealings and go to the "hole"..I remember, my Brown Fringe Jacket , my Aunt gave me, and my boots I would tuck my jeans into, and a Pouch that hung on my hip, filled with goodies..nobody ever questioned it..I have pictures of me, and my mom.. with it in plain site...It was stolen, while I was at work, down in Florida..which is a whole nother chapter.. okay I will pick this up later... cuall 2morrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment