Thursday, September 22, 2011

Born a Brunette!!!!

So, since I was young, I can remember bleeding brakes, on the Ford Station wagon, with my Dad, and making sure on the rainiest dark and cloudiest days going to our boat, and pumping the bilge.. Grease under the fingernails was yet to come.. I would listen to every word any of my older guy friends had on keeping a car, truck, or motorcycle in great running shape!!.. I learned enough.. to keep my vehicles running and in great shape.. The only things I would need from  a garage was a front end alignment, and an Inspection sticker.. I even was able to Time my trucks..back in the day.. I used to say, a lot, Ford built his trucks so even a woman could work on em!!! You name it from Solenoids, to Freeze plugs.. I could change it, and whenever something did go wrong I knew what it was.. And anyone Else's car ,for that matter... shocked a hell of alot of men over the years..that was just fun!! Note; many times I was broke down in the middle of nowhere.. and cars would just race by me.. So, if I wanted to get anywhere I would have to figure it out,in order to get moving, So, you see, many blonde's don't know whats under there hood, or did nt in those days, But had I been a blonde I would have had a better chance of getting help.. except for this one instance:
              I remember breaking down on a trip to Roanoke ,Va.. at like 1 am , I thought I would just drive this lil' truck down there, and back,,I had just bought it, used had it painted Black, just like my big truck I bought in LA. (had to sell her,so I could live and go to  Beauty School) So, I bought a another one just smaller...and here I was on the Interstate, in November.. and she popped so loud, and cut off.. So I rolled over to the side of the road.. not a soul in site!!!, I looked up a head and in the distance I see an exit was a head.. about 1/2 a mile. I was just getting out of my truck when this big rig,pulled over...!! I was like holy chit, and a guy jumps out, as fr as I could see, holding something in his arms, I am alone, mind you, and my heart is pounding.. he gets up to me, and says, you may need these, and he had 5 quarts of oil...I was so relieved!!! I thought how nice is he, to pull off the highway,in that big truck, and help..me,, Well, we put them in and it still did not start.. So he called a tow truck for me, and said he had to get going.. I thought Thank-you... and away he went,,, I remember thinking.. I am in a Party-mode.. this can not be happening.. I want to go ..by my situation wasn't going... So, in about an hour.. I was being towed that 3/4 of a mile up the ramp, and on the first right... $65.00 bucks, I remember being so Mad!! I could have pushed my truck,for free... What a rip.. Then it started to rain cold sleet, and the driver, said there was a motel across the street.. Well, I woke the Old couple up, ringing the bell,at the office.. they gave me a room with a phone, and a Black and white T.V that flickered Barnabas Jones.. no cable.. not there any way!!!and so I called the ppl. I was supposed to be meeting.. and we talked for a long while when they realized I was not going to be making it, they left there room, and went down to the Bar, and never answered my calls again.. So, I had to call home the next morning, and sound pathetic, and , that I needed help.. So, a friend of ours, had a low boy trailer, and 6 hours later.. and a slice of cheese on white bread,with no mayo(dry), and nothing to drink.. I was lucky to get that sandwich.. there were no stores around, so this couple fed me.. sorta.. And I sat in their  kitchen awaiting my help.. because check-out time was of course 11 am.. I did not sleep.. I was so mad.. to say the least.. then I had to drive all the way back up North, and basically sell my truck for parts..and within a few weeks I was living back at the house on the edge of Herndon.About a year and half later, it would be burned up,mysteriously, while I was out one night..august 24th 1984....

2 comments:

  1. Aside of the Grammar, and spelling.. tell me what you are thinking...!!!

    ReplyDelete