Monday, September 19, 2011

Exercise, and Diet.. Exercise, and Diet !!!

So, I started to diet when I was 14 years old.. I began  running to my bus stop, and babysitting jobs. I stopped eating meat.. and peanut butter and jelly sandwich's at mid-night..By the time we moved to Va. I had lost 30 pounds, I was on a stationery bike for 2 hours a day!!! I would grab a radio and good book... and peddle. My dad would say "you are going to wear your knee caps out..) I did not think it would ever happen, and to this day I am thank-full it didn't.  I started Yoga, at home, and Hi-Impact exercises, and walked and  would take swims in the public pool.. (my dad , would never approve of this.. ) It took us  a night to get this. My older sister and I would  climb over the fence to the public pool, and go swimming, and one night we hopped the fence, and we began to swim , when I felt something hit my ankle.. in the dark water, that scares the hell out of me!! I said man, I am outta of here.. When we realized it was the furniture, and the pool had been vandalized,we were seeing blue lights.. , of a cop, coming up, I said " make like the pool fool'.. get under!!, I began laughing while going under the water.. It was all I could do to keep quite, but they flashed the lights on us and we had to come out..so we grabbed our towels  and I grabbed a 5 gallon gas can , I was taking for my Dad.. climbing over the fence, we were  asked questions ,
 about the gas can.. I had in my hands, behind my back.. I said I found it.. well, it turned out to belong to the Lawn crew..., and we were told to leave it.. Well, then we were asked where we lived, and had to show them. When we got to our house, it was after midnight.. and the cop, was going to knock on the door.. and we bolted.. that cop was not sure what he was walking into.. If we were scared, it made him even more the  nervous .. so he pulled his gun and told us to stop.. and with this we turned around and my dad answered the door.. well, we were lectured, and so forth.. and I don't believe we swam at night the rest of the summer.. Well, I had met a girl in school, and we hung out partying, I have written about those days.. It was over the course of the next 30 years, I would gain weight, and lose it gain it and lose it.. After I was put away for 7-9 months, I gained like 60 lbs.. I worked out in there.. but the meals we were feed were pure Carbs.. ..to fatten us up.. see.. It made the County look good.. if we were fat, instead of starving.. skinny women all gaunt, basically , like when we arrived.. I was a slim 129 lbs, like I said when I left there.. I was 189..!!! But I was Saved , and I was going to church.. and I thought  I would just live for the Lord, and I would get wisdom on the things I was to be working on.. In Jail, I grew in the word.. and Patience, and endurance.. among other things.. I was learning how to walk this life out , in the real world..  I guess 2 years into it and the numerous Missions trips I took..Honduras, and England, and Hawaii.. and then Israel, and Rome..  I came back,, and learned how to Roller Blade.. I bought a tread-mill, and I began a regimen of exercise , that I feel now  would blow any ones mind.. I had  good hours at my job.. so I could get up and get on my Treadmill for about 2 hours, then do my Tao-Bo and then Rollerblade for 1 and half hours, then get on my bicycle and cool down for about a hour ride.. I would make sure I had a plan of roads and paths everywhere I lived.. I had the same neighborhood pretty much the 4-5 different address's in Sterling.. And when I moved to Chantilly, I made a route that worked out too.. I did not drink, smoke or chew, and I did not hang with those who do... I had brand new smile, my brother, the dentist gave me.. sorta. I was in the best shape of my life.. I owned my Mobile home , and would stay up all hours of the night painting, and fixing it up.. I found though as the years went on I was still alone... I had some friends , but even they seemed 2 faced and shallow.. It went on , and on... I began to wither.. and the crap that was being thrown into my lap. and the emptiness I was feeling.. I should have stood.. the test, but I did not.. I was hit really hard.. and I took a path.. I know I should not have.. You know in reality, it has had meaning.. I know more now,of course from life's lessons, but in the Spiritual, it has meant growth  for me.. I have more Love and genuine care for the people I meet, and work with.. not just a passing 'put up with them, attitude, till they are gone.. but a real care, and patience, I did not have before.. So, I am graced to say.. I am and have not been Forsaken, or discarded.. as so I may have thought.. many a times. I am still walking this through.. but I seek God, for the paths I am to take.. each day.. I am very Thank-ful..

No comments:

Post a Comment