Friday, September 9, 2011

Music Teachers,and me....

I loved music since I was a baby!! I told you about how I would be singing Send A letter Maria, and Leaving on a Jet Plane, at 11/2 to 2 years old!! I carried these 45's around with me... everywhere I went. I dreamt of a set of Red Drums ever since I can remember, I hung out with anyone who could play them.. I remember a in like 5th 0r 6th grade I asked a friend of mine to play the drums on the stage behind the curtain, at lunch time.. and he did!!! He did Wipe-out a big hit from the 70's. and  it was on the money... I wonder now if he still plays.. but I did get in trouble for that.. I had to plan a dance scene to a modern Rock song.. and do it on stage during lunch the following week,. So I grabbed a few girls I knew, and we did a Dance to Your Momma don't dance and your Daddy  don't Rock-n-Roll.. it went well..  So why all the trouble with my Music teachers..  I went into this music class thinking I was getting into playing the drums.. She.. gave me a Clarinet!!!.. I was like no way!! Well, this teacher was pretty cool, She had brought to our class some tid-bits of news now and then.. Like,  Your so Vain was really written about Mick Jagger.. and as Carly and him were breaking up.. He came into to the studio and joined her  on the last parts of that song.. You can hear him.. and they did date. Some people say other men, but they weren't even linked together.. Mick and Carly were a known couple for a while there.. if you followed.. As I did.. I did because my mom and dad hooked me up.. We had a precription to  Columbia House Records..we would get 5 albums for a penny.. Janis, Cat Stevens, Lee Micheal's, Zeppelin you name it.. I had it all.So, to give me a Clarinet...was NOT Cool.. So, I raised hell the rest of that year... She would be so upset with me and send me to the Principals office all the time.. I was told on this one particular day to shut my mouth, and don;t make a sound , or I would be sent down to the Principals office.. Well she sits me right up front , and she pulls out this trumpet, and begins to put it together, when all of a sudden she blows in one end and this glob of spit comes out the other end, right near my feet.. I was like EWWHhh!! Yuk!!! and she threw that instrument down, and grabbed me by my neck, and turned me toward the door and pushing and grabbing me  saying that's it Didonato, she threw my up against this wall with the phone on it and calls down to the office saying I was on my way,, expect me there... She knows in the past I would kind of lolly gag in getting there, this time she called to make sure I was on my way.. she was pissed... to say the least...  So I finally finished that grade.. and ,  I found out that the next year I was going into Music Class with one of my older sisters Teachers.. Ms M..and she had some horrible habits.. She was a Prude.. Library type woman, She played Beethoven, and was talented, but she picked her nose... with almost every oppt'y. and then put it on this Pearl Necklace, and then put the Pearl in her mouth... Now you have to know I knew of this the year my sister and her friends were telling me about this.. So when I arrived in her class,  and I saw that Pearl necklace on her neck.. I laughed... and even more shocking and gross, she picked her nose and put it on the darn pearl, and then put the pearl in her mouth.. I am having a time  typing this ,,,Lmao.. So my story ends with, the fact that I could sing, but I was supposed to be found.. I wasn't going to take music in school anymore.. I did later take Voice lessons, and guitar lessons, and wrote tons of songs. that remain in note books, and on napkins... but for now, I won't quit my day job...

1 comment: