Saturday, September 3, 2011

Halloween nites 1970-1976......

I remember Halloween being so exciting.. We lived in a suburban neighborhood with lots of houses  for blocks on end, and we would get ready for school in the morning, and put on our costumes and go through the neighborhood as fast as we could, and bring our bags of candy home and take off our costume, and then get on the bus, and go to school. When we got out of school, we would come home and change back into our costume and go Trick-or- Treating till 1 am .. our room would be so filled with brown grocery bags filled with candy.. no kidding!!! Remembering  too , in those days you would get a straight pin, or razor.. and even poison.. in our candy.. lol... but as for us we would find this as we sorted out the candy,, and laugh, and then throw it out..Well, I remember on one Halloween the Gang got together, and we emptied out a bunch of eggs with a needle, and sucked blue , and red paint , and even honey,,,back into them from the other end... Boy the time on our hands..huh?.. Well , we had bags, and crates filled with these eggs, and we had 'all',  gone door to door for our treats,.. until like midnight, and then the older group  of us met at the corner.. and we all headed to the assistant Principals house, and like 26 of us , on the count of 3.. threw these  eggs!!! Boom Boom Splat.. Crack... tons of them eggs were thrown, and then the front door opened , and to this day I see, 26 of us, split in half, and Run!!!  All different directions, but we knew where we would meet just in case someone got caught..See our hang-out ...Mills Path was close by, so most us ran there.. where the fire was still burning.. and we cracked open a beer, and partied,, Well that night, I was going to my friends,  house uptown,  in Ronkonkoma,  Her sister picked us up.. And the next morning when we woke up, we went into town.. and while walking , we were coming up to the local glass shop, and there was Mr. L. pulling all theses broken windows out of the back of his station wagon.. well, we walked by and then cut a corner and watched.. oh how devious,,,of us.. (we had  a nice up bringing , and  pretty safe for the most part.). One girl we knew, she had gotten raped in the paths  we hung out in.. I believe to this day it was one of the guys we hung out with.. he always spooked me.. and she was the same girl to have a bat fly down from the top of circling the lamp post , and get caught in her long blond hair... It was horrible.. she screamed and I still see the mess in her hair. All tangled, and she was red and crying and went home.. But this was the 'street light  we always meet at before going down the drinking hole.. Where the mini bikes, and Sl-70' and the one lime green Kawasaki.. would meet .. We had some older guys , Hells Angels- come down on there bikes.. those were the days  with Ape Hanger handle bars for real !!! These guys were much older then me.. but I remember having some great conversations with them.. Plus , either my sister or one of my girlfriends were dating  them. So, I got to hang out .Plus, I was a ' partier,' !.It  was very safe  environment and fun.. being out till wee hours of the night.. and at times I would walk home by myself, and make it.. You could not pay me now!! To do that..now..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment