Monday, September 26, 2011

Why were my Parents so 'lax'..??

I have been asked recently.. (and many a times in the past..and, I even asked my self.).Where was my mother.. while I was trapsing the niebor hood.. I really knew the answer.She was pms'ing on the couch, this  way before Midol.  Asprin, and wine..were the only things available,and they had just baley got her throuhg it.. So, I would just leave her alone and go play!!! And those later years, where we basically had no "curfew' I was told many stories, on how my parents were not trusted as young children, and in fact, beatenat the drop of a hat. So, when my parents became parents they made a pack not distrust us, and be nosey.. and believe me, they weren't!!! They should have beat us, and pryed ,I agree now with diciplining. My Dad was a man who would talk, and raise his voice , where you knew he was pissed, I did fear him,, He would take back hand me from time to time, and chase me up the stairs,I would be doing one step as fast as I could and he would be skipping 2-3 steps to catch up to me.. I was sad, because I got cauhgt cutting  class, or saying something stupid at the dinner table, after he would ask about a situation that came up.. But they did not snoop.. I had a room filled wiht all kinds of "party paraphnelia, and it stayed left alone for years.. The one story my mom told me was how she would have to wear these clothes my granmother laid out for her, and then, Grams would go to work, my mom would change into something she liked, and tassel up the other clothes, and throw them into the dirty wash basket.. and be dressed in her after school, clothes by the time gramma and pop got home.. One time my mom shaved her eyebrows, and widows peak, the evening of her Prom, and my grandmother beat her with pots and skillets, in a rage, and ended  up taking her to the beauty parlor to get them drawn in.. My mom.. never questioned my taste, and wants in clothes.. We would take a credit card and go shopping, and I would get my boots, and jeans and cool shirts.. (And yet, I still wrote my Dads, parents,, and asked them for money for school clothes..) well that backfired, when they showed up one w/e to tke me out shopping.. I did not want them to buy anything, so I refused to like anyhting at the mall.. I just wanted the cash...

No comments:

Post a Comment